Thursday, January 15, 2009

19 degrees below cold as fuck.

I'm always a bit concerned whenever Siberia is as warm as the Twin Cities. Every year around December and January I realize that Al Gore must have lied to us all, because I'm not seeing any of that awesome global warming we were promised. In fact, I'd say it's more like a severe global cooling, one that's affecting a good portion of the northern hemisphere at the moment.

I saw the aftermath of what was undoubtedly a crazy car accident on Highway 36 on the way back from a show at The Varsity earlier tonight. An older pickup was sitting upside-down and blocking the right 3 lanes where northbound 35W and eastbound MN 36 are tied together before splitting off. The top of the truck was flattened and the vehicle was clearly totaled. It looked like it had just happened only minutes before, as there were a couple cars and people standing around waiting for emergency help to arrive. No clue if anyone was hurt in the accident, but with how bad it looked I think I would be pretty messed up anyway...

Speaking of slip-ups, I've hit a patch of writer's block, as I keep typing a follow-up paragraph about something but deleting it after finding that it has no real merit or direction without a long-winded exposition to accompany it. And I don't really have the time for that right now with work in the morning, so I'm just going to cut this one off right here and go to bed. Work isn't really going amount to much tomorrow though anyway, as it's staff luncheon day at the U of M Law School. We basically get paid to go bowling for a few hours. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment