Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here goes something...

I'm launching this brand-new blog as a fresh start (and much easier way) for me to update the world on almost anything that I feel is worth my time to write about on the Internet. MySpace's blog feature has always annoyed me with its inconsistency and unreliability, and I felt that I constrained myself too much on that blog by really only allowing myself to post show reviews. And that's something I'm just not as motivated to do anymore unfortunately.

That's not to say I've given up on writing show reviews, because I'll still periodically post a few from time to time. In fact, I'm actually more enthused than ever to write about pretty much anything, because my mind has been reflecting for a long time on many things in life that I believe are worth talking about. It's just that I don't want to limit myself to only posting show reviews like on my MySpace or only posting live music photos, which is about what my website amounts to at the moment.

Music and photography will still probably be the two most common things you'll be seeing on here, but that's because those are the two things that inspire and motivate me more than anything in life at the moment. They shouldn't be the only two things that define me though, because we are all so much more than what everyone else can see on the surface.

This blog is only the beginning of something. Something with no definite angle and no definite end in sight, just like our lives. Something that tells me that the only thing I can say with absolute certainty right now is that I do not wish for my life to become a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment